PACT research program, together with AMS (Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Metropolitan Solutions), is launching the project “Things as Citizens” with a kick-off event on April 17th.
The project is dedicated to the investigation of the opportunities and challenges of emerging interactions between people and autonomous things, in the context of smart cities. The aim is to explore how things might connect with existing networks of data, collect real time data, act proactively and behave socially.
The event aims to bring together experts in the fields of data science, robotics, ethics of technology and social sciences to discuss what are the main challenges and opportunities currently offered by the smart city infrastructures, and how these should inform the design of near future things as citizens.
Program of the event:
- 15:00 Welcoming and introduction
- Introduction on PACT by Iskander Smit (info.nl/ThingsCon),
- Stepan van Dijk (AMS) on AMS,
- Elisa Giaccardi (Connected Everyday Lab, TU Delft IDE) “Partnerships in Cities of Things”
- 16:00 Panel
- Jorrit Kuipers (RobotTuner),
- Marleen Stikker (Waag),
- Michal Čàp (TU Delft 3ME),
- Tom Kuipers (AMS),
- Virginia Dignum (TU Delft TPM).
- 17:00 Round tables
- 18:00 Wrap-up and drinks
The event will take place at AMS institute, in Amsterdam, from 15:00 to 19:00 pm.
Register to the event: